If you are wondering how to put your baby to sleep in pack n play, this article seeks to help you out. Babies can sleep for as long as 18 hours a day, although they wake up at intervals of 2 to hours to eat before they go back to bed again. Nappers are specifically designed for short naps. From previous reviews, a lot of people believe that most nappers are not safe. However, Graco pack n play napper is one of the best there is.
Graco packs n play napper is a separate space at the top of the bassinet mattress specially designed for newborns to take short naps during the day while under your watch. It was introduced in the year 2008 by Graco.
Graco pack n play napper is one of the best nappers available as they are quite comfortable for your newborn. Although, Graco pack n play napper is not ideal for routine or regular sleep, especially when you aren’t available to watch your baby closely; you can keep your baby there for a while within your reach, of course. It is safe for your newborn for the first few months, and you should stop using it as soon as you notice that your baby can roll over or stand up without support.
Let’s read the best mini crib mattress for your baby safe sleep.
Features of Graco pack n play
- Soft and cozy surfaces
- Comes with a head pillow
- Breathable materials
- Tested for gross misuse
- Sturdy structure
- Designed to keep your baby in a safe position
- Low risk of suffocation
- Affordable pocket-friendly
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP),
- Infants should only be put to sleep on flat, firm surfaces with no soft bedding of any sort.
- You should not sleep on the same bed with your baby.
- You shouldn’t use a separate room for your baby for at least their first six months.
- Always ensure that you lay your baby to sleep on his back.
- Avoid crib numbers.
Some demerits of Graco pack n play napper
- It is almost impossible to keep an eye on your baby all day; you might have to do something that will take you away from your baby’s sight for some time.
- It is a bit heavy and hard to fold.
- The surface of the napper is not entirely flat.
- The surface of the napper has layers of soft and cushy fabrics, which does not meet the safety standard of the although Graco believes that it is safe for babies.
- Graco pack n play napper comes with a head pillow which is almost useless and is not safe for your baby.
Some safety precautions for putting your baby to sleep in a Graco pack n play napper
- You should not keep your baby in the napper except you, or someone else is available to monitor him
- You should stop using the napper once he can roll over or pull up on his own, this is common among babies of 2 to 4 months
- You should not leave your baby to sleep in the napper overnight, and if at all you would, it should be under adult supervision.
- You should avoid using the soft pillow that comes with the napper.
- Ensure that you put your baby to sleep on their back; it is the safest position for your baby.
Related: The best breathable crib mattress for your baby sound sleep.
If at all you must use a napper, Graco pack n play napper is one of the best options you have. Graco pack n play nappers aren’t ideal for you to keep your baby in for long, therefore, alongside a napper, it is perfect to use the pack n play bassinet mattress, it is a safer option, especially at night, while you are sleeping or during the day when you are busy with other things.
Meanwhile, you can use the napper during the day when you are not so busy. However, you should be very observant to know when your baby has outgrown the rapper, which is not safe at this point and can lead to various complications, including your baby falling off. Better still, you can make use of a crib; it is equally a safer option.
You may also like the Best Affordable Crib Mattress for your nursery or kids.